(Last update: 15 October 2021)
Key Requirements for Research (Academic) Articles
- Research goal/question explicitly defined
- Relationship vis-à-vis the existing literature on a given topic clearly articulated
- Theoretical, conceptual, or methodological framework explained
- The main argument and/or key conclusions explicitly stated
- Research article manuscripts should fit within the range of 6 000 to 12 000 words, including footnotes, all the references and abstract (100-200 words). If your paper exceeds the aforementioned length, please consult the editorial team. In justified cases, we allow authors to publish longer articles.
- CEJISS publishes articles that deal with international aspects of politics and security. Manuscripts that focus on purely domestic issues won't be considered. Manuscripts dealing with domestic issues shall, at the very least, demonstrate their relevance to foreign policy of a given state, the importance of their discussion going beyond the domestic level of analysis, the significant embeddedness in the international context or a clear connection to theories of international, transnational or global politics or security.
- Authors are welcome to check the CEJISS peer-review form we send to external reviewers to get a clearer idea of how reviewers evaluate submissions.
- There are no publication fees or article processing charges.
Key Principles of the Peer Review Process
During the peer-review process of research articles, we stick to the following principles:
- Double-blind review (managed by CEJISS editors and conducted by external experts on a given topic)
- At least two reviews of each manuscript
- CEJISS editors are responsible for summarising key points of reviews and discussing possible unclarities or contradictory claims that appear in reviews with the author.
- Editorial comments are an integral part of the review process (editors may request changes before or after the peer-review process)
- Depending on the initial reviews and the quality of the author's revisions after the first round of reviews, CEJISS editors may request another round of external reviews (typically by the same reviewers) or make a decision without further external assessments.
- CEJISS accepts only manuscripts that have not been published in other journals yet or are not under consideration by another journal/publishing house.
Please note that by submitting your manuscript you agree with the aforementioned principles and the general ethical guidelines.